Sunday, March 26, 2017

Filming


Hi! Today was day 1 of filming. I have a bulk of the footage, I just need the "therapist" scene at this point as well as some extra "time passing" shots. I'll attach some screen grabs and describe some of lighting, angle, and composition decisions.

Alright, this wasn't part of filming at all, but I like to think he was praying
for me to leave him alone.


This is a very common shot as the tech is disappearing. In the full shot the
vectors are very symmetrical, the lighting is dark which helps add to the
ominous feel which I achieved by working with a shift over the back window.
This shot is also common, however, it is a good option as it
shows each piece of technology well and includes the message on the screen
which reads, in english "another innocent dead" which does not
phase the main character in the slightest. 

Here I used an extreme close up to underscore the "engrossment" and
infatuation of the main character with technology

The framing here was also mostly for vectors, also I love having the actor
simply "walk into" the shot. 

This framing is the beginning of a tracking shot and again we have the same
clinical white, black shirt, and unphased demeanor. 

Here we have the same framing as earlier and some carefully placed
bottles to imply that they are empty and to imply that he is so bored
that to feel anything he has to drink.
Here we have a slight change of scene which is used to signal the passing of
time and you know, drunks sleep anywhere.

I'll post more in a bit but this cover the majority of the introduction of the plot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment