Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 5 Posting 1

Alright, the pressure is on, I swear I'm working on a vlog and my magazine is in the making. I have my picture ideas for my table of contents and my cover is essentially done. My largest obstacle tonight is my two-page spread. I have the facts but I think I might have my finger on a layout, I was looking through magazines and found something that I may want to draw some influence from. I'm going to go draw up a sketch and start organizing my thoughts.

Alright so I came up with a basic design and then i asked for some input and some agreed that it was childish, which I could definitely see, so I changed my idea. After internally crying for a while I searched Google image for inspiration, and I found it!
The entire image is not my inspiration, just the way the boxes are laid out. I opened up my photo shop and internally cried some more, because photoshop almost always means three hours of struggling, and I was right, This example makes it look easy, and my product is less professional altogether, but I really love the look. Don't worry, now that I have my layout I can start writing, however, I still need a place for my pictures. I wonder if a slideshow would be less space-consuming? This should be really interesting...






Here's a sneak peek:
Don't worry about the W, by the way. I know, the design is simple, but it took tons of work. I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment