Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 1 Posting 1

My original brainstorming  is as follows:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. The future generation
-this is our generation
-how technology will affect our future
-are we becoming more educated or less educated, what do we learn in school, the stigma “when will we ever apply this”
-What past generations grew up with compared to us, how they adapted
-Youtube, how we influence others and how far we can reach compared to past generations,
-How technology adds students to a sea of people and its harder to get noticed, college acceptance, anything for the letter
-we learn about new concepts faster and grow up faster
-younger children have more and more technology, exposed to new ideas, grow up faster
-Children are more easily influenced by new ideas, may harm self image, influence bad behaviour, etc
  1. modern school system (grading, approach,
-why grades aren’t incentive
-should schools be more student input based
-should schools be project based
-what does standardized testing prove?
-does technology improve schools or worsen them, its hindered but encouraged at the same time, laptops in class no phones in class
-does modern education encourage creative adults.
-drowned in sea of college applications, impossible to stand out, convergence, more people learn about more places easier to apply with the common app.


  1. History of makeup
-origin of makeup (what was it used for)
-what it is used for today
-makeup convergence (youtube, blogging, etc.)



Target Audience:
Teenagers, Teachers



What do I want people to get out my magazine?:
I want kids to understand how technology and education will affect their future



narrow it down for one issue:
Education in the next generation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had started brainstorming for my project a couple of months ago, when presented with and idea I stick with it, it weighs on my mind, and it is hard to forget about. I had originally wanted to go the route of teenage self-expression, and the "this is our world" theme, but sources besides personal experience proved challenging to find. I narrowed down my ideas to three topics that I feel I have background knowledge on, School, teenage education, and makeup. I opted to avoid the latter because I feel that I can co more in-depth and reach a broader audience with either of the preceding topics. I consulted with a peer and we agreed it would be interesting to combine approach 1 and 2. I am interested in the idea of a magazine focusing specifically on teen interests, and the future generation. The issues of the magazine could cover anything from health issues to entertainment. The specific issue I would like to write about is education. Furthermore how our education today is going to affect the future. Some of the themes I would like to consider include antiquated traditional education, the boundaries of technology in education, the interconnectivity of students and how the common application allows students to get lost in the crowd, especially since it is digitalized, and so on. I subscribe to many magazine and I am hoping to browse through to start exploring design elements as well as how stories are laid out and formatted. I have also started a pinterest board for extra information, digital is more green. I am excited to begin research into patterns of convergence within the public school system and what future effects with will have on the teenage generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment