Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week 1 Post 2

Today we went over peer opinions, something that was pointed out to me was my narrow magazine typing, I wanted to create a complete magazine profile and my Future Generation topic just want enough, there are only so many things you can say about how the teenagers lives will effect the future. It was suggested to me that I format my magazine to be essay based, a good example is the New Republic (you can check out their website here). The New Republic is a collection of expository type essays that use current events to forsee future issues, their articles are comprehensive and expose so hidden parts of the news. This is kind of the direction I wanted to take with my magazine and provide a comprehensive view of how education today will effect the future working class, future politicians, etc. I would also like to talk about convergence and how that may encourage lazy behavior and what kind of habits technology builds for the future.  The essay format will allow me to present a broad magazine topic and consequently be able to create a specific article.  I think I want my magazine to stick along the lines of "Our Future" and have it appeal to younger adults and teens a like. I hope to research more into my topic over the weekend and begin planning the aesthetics of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment