Friday, April 14, 2017

Finishing

I finished up my editing and had to run around filming tons of friends for my ending sequence that I decided at the last second to add in (while not packing for a trip to NYC in 4 hours). My postcard turned out more or less how I wanted it to, the color scheme is definetly along the lines of what I was aiming for. I think all of my products, including the website and video adopt a more netural color scheme giving a cohesive feel. I wish I had modeled my stickers a little better in photoshop but I couldn't find a plausible way to do it. It's so interesting to think how little we pay attention to the representation of 3D objects in a 2D space (ex: a sticker on a page). My website is everything I hoped it would be. I initally had a hard time finding a good site that was easy to use and had decent domain names. For example, Wix was good, but the creator was way too laggy and there wasn't enough flexibility with the templates so I couldn't tailor the design to what I had envisioned. A creator called XPRS ended up beign the perfect balance of chic design elements and easy-to-use software. Additionally, the domain name is very reserved (as in not random phrases and words) and fitting. I think I included a pretty good range of information in the website that was consistent in my earlier posts. I really think integrating my postcard and video into the site will make it more accessible and cohesive to all audiences. Throughout this process I used a program called lightshot to capture screenshots to use in my website design. It is so helpful as it allows you to copy a screenshot as a picture, save the screenshot, write on the screenshot etc. This came in handy when I wanted to use screen grabs in my website design. I was talking with a Columbia student earlier today who mentioned she was in a bunch of film clubs and editied regularly, so I pulled her aside and asked what programs she used and she uses Premiere as well (and edits for National Geographic). She explained while it is mostly manual, you can create the most professional looking product with it. On the other hand, I have heard good things about final cut pro. Either way, I enjoyed experimenting with XPRS, Photoshop, Premiere, and lightshot to create these products.

Until the CCR,

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment